Power of Revit

Go down

Power of Revit

Post by Admin on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:23 pm

As you mit have heard we have started teaching Revit @ CTCL.In some ways Revit makes your job easier than Adt and there are time when you want to pull out your hair.But the truth be told Autocad is no ware near these programs but having a strong background in Auto cad helps you allot.And i mean allot, the program get points first of all for its memory usage , no matter how many files in one project is open Revit still see it as one project rather than Autocad that see each file as a project.Revit also update on it's own and you don't have to update it like Adt(since Adt uses Xref to link the files).Another feature i like is the ease of drawing Floor & Roofs.But in all i still love both Revit and ADT and still think it is an asset to anybody to have both of them making you more flexible in any company you may go to work and giving you a upper hand on the chap that still uses Autocad ( 2008 3d/1990-2d)
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 83
Job/hobbies : Senior Lecturer
Registration date : 2008-03-18

View user profile http://www.atctt.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Power of Revit

Post by trinischolar on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:09 pm

I'm using Autodesk Revit Structure 2011 and quite frankly it makes the job easy as well as hard. Easy due to the fact that, as u correctly said, it updates on its own, as well as producing general arrangement plans, sections and elevations in a fast time! Hard because it does not have the flexibility as AutoCAD in producing in-depth details, as well as setting up standards used in whatever company u are working on (unless u all teach that for this programme and prove me wrong Smile )
trinischolar

Male Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : Structural AutoCAD Technician/ Play music, socialize, cycling
Registration date : 2008-05-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Power of Revit

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:30 pm

we do
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 83